FLOOR WARDENS DUTIES (ALWAYS MAINTAIN CALM AND IN ORDER)
Ensure the evacuation / relocation is in progress.
If no other staff members are present, the floor warden’s responsibilities are:
- Search floor and order evacuation or relocation of building.
- Guide tenants away from elevators to stairs.
- Ensure safety of persons in need of evacuation assistance.
- Ensure that FSD or SFFD knows the location of individuals trapped or in refuge.
- Evacuate or relocate to an assigned floor, once area has been cleared and safe.
Floor Warden Staff
- Search whole floor or suite and direct all to stairway
- Report “All Clear” to Floor Warden
- Evacuate or Relocate
- Station self at elevators
- Direct all to stairways
- Evacuate or relocate with searcher
- Station self at stair entrance
- Maintain calm and order
- Direct all down stairs to evacuate or relocate
- Evacuate or relocate with Searcher
- Aides for the physically impaired:
- Assist person in need of evacuation assistance to:
- Enclosed stairway
- Area of evacuation assistance / area of refuge
- Defend in place
- Reports location of persons in need of evacuation assistance to:
- Floor Warden
- Fire Safety Director
- Fire Department Officer (only if Floor Warden or Fire Safety Director is not available).